- Engineering & construction
- Engineering & technical dept.
ALFA LAVAL is a Swedish multinational company operating in Italy for over 100 years with several sales offices, manufacturing and research and development. The Product Development Fuel Conditioning Systems & Modules (PD FCS&Mod) department is highly international and we offer a challenging position in an open and friendly environment. The Marine central MSH E&S division is looking for R&D Manager.
- Develop technical solutions (typically new products, new features of existing product and product care maintenance of the existing one) able to meet customer demands;
- Responsible of the PD FCS Operating and Quality Procedures;
- Follow up on operational aspects including topics as time schedules, finance and project quality for the PD FCS&Mod department;
- Resource management including distributing project work and other tasks to employees;
- Responsible of Local R&D Budget forecast, update and re-planning;
- Prioritize of activities according to Global Sales and strategic inputs;
- Lead PD FCS teams both Monza and Stockholm (Total 11 employees);
- Responsible of the Claim investigation related to the Design of the Product, also supporting the solution of complex claims;
- Management and supervision of the testing activities in the Test Bench;
- Member of MSH E&S management team.
- Engineering degree, preferably in Process Engineering;
- 5/7 years’ experience in a similar R&D, Production Management or Engineering role;
- Financial, commercial and legal insight and schooling;
- Experience in Contracting, related to IP protection and Customer-joint development projects;
- Experience in the Marine, Engine Power or O&G industries will be a plus;
- Fluent written and spoken English (C1-C2);
- Proficient knowledge of Office major applications;
- Proven people management experience;
- Knowledge of Autodesk Inventor, Process sizing tools and Criteria, Process Simulator, will be appreciated;
- Knowledge of:
– Material selection, main piping components, main industrial equipment’s (pumps, tanks, exchangers etc);
– Machinery Directive (MD), Pressure Equipment Directive (PED), Low Voltage Directive (LVD);
– Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC), Equipment Explosive Atmospheres;
– Directive (ATEX), International industrial codes: ASME, ASTM, API;
– Risk Assessment and Hazardous Methodology (HAZOP, FMECA, SIL);
– Design review Methodology.