- Engineering & construction
- Engineering & technical dept.
- Presales & sales & aftersales dept.
54.000 € - 66.000 €
Solar energy company, leader in the development, installation and operation solar PV systems.
- Liaises with project development team to lead and coordinate HV interconnection requirements and for estimation of project CAPEX, OPEX and time scheduling;
- Developing and building relationships with external clients, DNO’s, TSO’s, HV Consultancies and HV contractors;
- Manage, lead and coordinate shared connection agreements;
- Perform grid studies and simulation for specific projects;
- Carrying out a cost/benefit analysis of and checking the compliance with Engineering Technical Specifications and with DNO’s, TSO’s, local or international standards;
- Responsible for the on-time approval and connection of Solar PV plants, from development through to construction stage, ensuring that project designs are in line with company standards, and subject to appropriate review/approval process;
- Manages and supervises third party engineers or external design services;
- Attends design reviews meetings with design contractors, suppliers and consultants;
- Engages with other IPP/developers to agree the optimal and most preferred HV solution when sharing HV infrastructure;
- Manages technical liaisons with and providing all relevant technical information to TSO (or DSO), Control Center and any relevant organizations in order to secure approval for grid connections and making sure the relevant process for connection is properly followed, with all documents produced and submitted on time;
- Selects optimal equipment for site and specific requirements, and coordinates with suppliers/manufacturers and contractors as necessary;
- Ensures the issue of the technical specifications of High Voltage electrical components/systems for purchase orders and follows up the procurement process;
- Reviews the pre-construction project package to ensure all contractual requirements are met before the start of construction;
- Understands and reviews the grid connection studies applicable to a PV plant connected into the grid: short circuit, load flow, capability study, harmonics study, etc.;
- Possesses a sound understanding of the interaction of a PV plant/BESS with the HV interconnection system;
- Attends, supervises and witnesses factory inspections and factory acceptance tests;
- Provides engineering support and performs site inspections during the construction phase of projects;
- Carries out a technical analysis of the project during design and construction stage in order to identify any non-conformities and to propose suitable for project design and/or technical problem issues;
- Convince Technical advisors with arguments about final design decision and equipment selection;
- Works on multiple projects across Europe and globally as required;
- Ensures all Health & Safety requirements are taken into account when preparing designs in order to significantly reduce the risks to safety and health during the construction stage and during subsequent use and maintenance of the PV system;
- Ensures “Safety in design” method is consistently applied during development and execution phases.
- Degree in Industrial Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience;
- Experience and sound understanding of the grid connection process in Italy, from application, STMG, STMD, Construction and commissioning;
- Experience and sound understanding of the Italian national standards and Terna requirements applicable to the HV systems, including but not limited to CEI standards and Terna Grid Code and relative annexes;
- Use of design software including CAD;
- Previous experience in HV infrastructure during development stage;
- Experience with medium and high voltage grid connections, including transmission lines and substations;
- Sound knowledge of MV switchgear panels and MV systems;
- Experience with underground cable system design and routing;
- Knowledge of power system studies;
- Experience with protection and control schemes;
- 5 years of experience in HV electrical design and construction.